How to Remove DropDownDeals (Drop Down Deals Removal Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Remove DropDownDeals (Drop Down Deals Removal Guide)

Postby Sophia » 2012-12-07 3:39

DropDownDeals persists onto your Internet browser IE, or Firefox or Chrome and if you want to remove the DropDownDeals now, read more to figure it out.

What is DropDownDeals

DropDownDeals is an advertising platform categorized as browser hijacker, with symptoms related to adware and spyware. Scammers can utilize Drop Down Deals to display popup style advertisements and coupons, as well as use to promote click through rates via CPC. DropDownDeals is not a virus, but it is often referred to as the DropDownDeals virus because of the large amount of complaints and security reports facing DropDownDeals

Remove-DropDownDeals-Advertisements.png

Once infected, DropDownDeals attaches to internet browsers as a browser helper object, and while browsing the internet victims often notice unwanted popup advertisements appear. Like a similar infection known as CouponDropDown the third party popup advertisements displayed by DropDownDeals are sometimes blue or green tags stating displaying various coupon deals and comparisons. DropDownDeals advertisements may also pop out from the browser toolbar, side bar, address bar, or via common in-text styles. Often such advertisements will say continue to click by DropDownDeals on the top frame or display the DropDownDeals logo on the bottom of the advertisement.

drop-down-deals-adware.jpg

How did I get infected with the DropDownDeals?

DropDownDeals can be contracted by visiting websites hosting malware or clicking malicious links in spam emails and social network posts.

Most of the time DropDownDeals bundles with (installs alongside) third party freeware and shareware applications including 1ClickDownloader, TornTV, and especially Yontoo and the Yontoo Layers Client.

If DropDownDeals and the DropDownDeals add-on/ extension are affecting your internet browser without consent you are likely infected by third party malware, viruses, and or Trojans.

Use the steps below to detect, scan, and remove malware facing your system and remove unwanted DropDownDeals advertisements via the DropDownDeals and third party add-on or extension.

How to Remove DropDownDeals (Removal Instructions)

1. Anti-Malware Software - If necessary, scan, detect, and remove malware.
    2. Uninstall DropDownDeals - If installed, uninstall DropDownDeals program.
    3. Remove DropDownDeals - Remove DropDownDeals add-on/extension.
    4. Clear Cache And Cookies – Delete browser data and tracking cookies.

1. Anti-Malware Software (Remove/Troubleshoot Malware)

First off, you need to ensure the computer is clean from any related Trojans, malware and other possible infections with a scan of Anti-malware program-Anvi Smart Defender is such a trust-worthy tool. After download, install it to your computer, run a full scan to detect and remove all possible infections there.

Anvi Smart Defender download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/

Please note, browser settings that changed by DropDownDeals are still needed to be repaired manually. Or you can just use a browser repair tool here to get it done in IE. And, to manually fix the issue and completely heal the computer, you need patience to follow all way up below. Good luck.

2. Uninstall DropDownDeals from Your Computer

Use these instructions to uninstall the DropDownDeals application.

Remember, DropDownDeals bundles with third party add-ons and extensions. When removing DropDownDeals keep an eye out for other suspicious browser helper objects, especially Yontoo.

Windows 7 users:

Click "Start" ("Windows Logo" in the bottom left corner of your desktop), choose "Control Panel". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for Yontoo LLC related entries (Yontoo) select this entry and click Uninstall.

Windows XP users:

Click "Start", choose "Settings" and click "Control Panel". Locate and click "Add or Remove Programs". Locate "Programs and Features". Look for Yontoo LLC related entries - Yontoo, select this entry and click Remove.

After uninstalling Drop Down Deals scan your computer for any left unwanted components or possible malware infections. Recommended anti-spyware software.

drop-down-deals-adware-uninstall.jpg

3. Remove DropDownDeals Add-on/Extension from Your Web Browser

DropDownDeals attaches a browser helper object onto infected internet browsers most likely called DropDownDeals and also installs third party add-ons and extensions.

Use the steps below to remove DropDownDeals and associated components from each internet browser installed on your system.

Remove Drop Down Deals from Internet Explorer:

Click "Tools" (or gear icon in Internet Explorer 9), select "Manage Add-ons". Look for Yontoo LLC related entries (Yontoo Api, Yontoo) and disable them.

Optional method:

If you continue having problems with the removal of Yontoo extension you can reset you Internet Explorer settings to default.

Windows XP users: Click "Start", click "Run", in the opened window type "inetcpl.cpl". In the opened window click on "Advanced" tab, then click Reset.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: Click the Windows logo, in the start search box type "inetcpl.cpl" and click enter. In the opened window click on "Advanced" tab, then click Reset.

drop-down-deals-internet-explorer.jpg

Remove Drop Down Deals from Google Chrome:

Click on a wrench or bars icon (top right of the screen), select "Tools" and click on "Extensions". Locate this entry: "Yontoo" select it and click on a trash can icon.

drop-down-deals-google-chrome.jpg

Remove Drop Down Deals from FireFox:

Click "Tools" (at the top of the window), select "Add-ons". Click on "Extensions" and disable this add-on: "Yontoo".

Optional method:

If you continue having problems with removal of Drop Down Deals extension you can reset you Mozilla FireFox settings to default.

Open Mozilla FireFox, at the top left corner of the main window click "FireFox", in the opened drop down menu choose Help and then click on Troubleshooting Information, in the opened window click on "Reset FireFox" button.

drop-down-deals-mozilla-firefox.jpg

Remove Drop Down Deals from Safari:

When in the main window of Safari, click on the wrench icon (top right corner), then click on "Preferrences". In the opened settings window click on "Extensions" tab. In the opened window locate "Yontoo" and click "Uninstall".

drop-down-deals-safari.jpg

4. Clear Cache And Cookies

If you visited DropDownDeals.com, or clicked links provided by DropDownDealsmalware it is recommended to delete your browser data. DropDownDeals.com and associated websites load cookie files onto computer systesm without direct permission. This allows them to collect, store, and track information such as browser activity and system information. You can remove your browser cache and cookie files in your browser’s preference or settings options.

Unwanted Redirections Removal Tips

DropDownDeals bundles with third party applications and malware, when removing DropDownDeals remember that the DropDownDeals program may not be the only issue or program on your computer.

If your internet browser’s settings have been negatively affected, i.e. the browser home page and search engine has changed without permission, you are infected with what is categorized as a browser hijacker. To learn more about hijackers and to stop unwanted redirections (etc) please refer to a previous article about how to remove unwanted browser redirections.

Adware like Drop Down Deals often install itself without any consent or notice of users and they often come bundled with freeware downloaded from the Internet. So you are highly recommended to be very careful when you are downloading and install freeware from the Internet and arm your computer with the recommended antimalware-Anvi Smart Defender.

Also you are also advised to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome. See detailed instructions in this post: How to Turn on Security Features of IE, Firefox and Chrome.

___________Tips to Block Pop Up Ads from IE, Firefox and Chrome for Computer Security___________

Good luck and be safe online.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove DropDownDeals (Drop Down Deals Removal Guide)

Postby Holle Hellfire » 2013-05-26 11:25

Thank you sooooooo so much! That DropDownDeals was driving me insane. I looked for it everywhere to uninstall and I had no idea that yantoo was even on my computer until I saw this and checked! This lowered my technology stress by 30% lol
Holle Hellfire

Re: How to Remove DropDownDeals (Drop Down Deals Removal Guide)

Postby Ivy » 2013-05-26 19:49

Holle Hellfire wrote:Thank you sooooooo so much! That DropDownDeals was driving me insane. I looked for it everywhere to uninstall and I had no idea that yantoo was even on my computer until I saw this and checked! This lowered my technology stress by 30% lol

Glad to know that you have fixed your problem successfully. ")
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Search.crossrider.com? (Browser Hijacker Virus Removal Guide)Autumn9838
How to Remove Deal4Real Adware with Cloud System Booster?Frances39
How to Remove the Mac Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus? (Ransomware Virus Removal Instruction)Ivy7926
How to Remove Pricebreak.com Pop-up Ads?(Adware Removal Guide)Frances246
How to Remove Bee Coupons (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn3120