TornTV, or TornTV.com, TornTV virus is an application used to watch live TV broadcast and download media video files. However, recently it is detected and proved that the TornTV application does has its downside of bundling with and installs alongside the third party malware, including adware, spyware applications and platforms like 1ClickDownloader and Text Enhance.
TornTV can be voluntarily installed from the Torntv.com website, but has been documented by experts and victims to install to computer systems without direct permission. This is why TornTV is categorized as a browser hijacker and is often referred to as TornTV malware or the TornTV virus.
If TornTV is installed to your computer and attached to your Internet browser as an add-on or extension without your consent, you are most likely infected by third party malware, viruses and/or Trojans. If so, you are encouraged to use below steps to uninstall Torn TV and make sure the computer system and browser is clean from any infections.
Is TornTV safe to use?
No. TornTV is not safe to use even though it does in its advertisement, And just as the above stated, TornTV bundles with and installs alongside third party malware, in particular adware, spyware and Trojans.
These third party infections are capable of destroying the entire computer functionality and collecting personal information which can be negatively used against victims. Cyber crime involving credit theft and identity theft has been linked to similar applications as TornTV.
How To Remove TornTV – Remove Third Party Malware
- 1. Antivirus & Anti-Malware Software
2. System Restore (only if you have created some secured restore point onto the computer)
3. Uninstall TornTV And 3rd Party Programs
4. Remove TornTV And 3rd Party Add-ons, Extensions, And Toolbars
*TornTV Removal Tip
As stated many times alike many similar freeware and shareware applications, TornTV is primarily associated with third parties to earn revenue. These third parties may cause many negative affects to occur on a computer system aside from common symptoms linked with TornTV.
If your internet browser settings such as Home Page and Provided Search Engine (internal browser search engine) without your consent you are facing symptoms of a common browser hijack., embodies with stubborn search redirections.
1. Anti-Malware Software (Detect And Remove Malware)
Download, install Anvi Smart Defender to full scan the system and remove the possible infections to ensure the computer is clean. This antimalware tool is focused on detecting, removing and preventing malware of all sorts. Download it here now.
2. System Restore (Troubleshoot)
Perform a system restore to an automatic restore point created by Window’s each week and during system updates. System Restores can be very helpful to remove all types of malware including browser hijackers. They can even be used to remove browser add-ons and extensions.
• Learn more and view complete System Restore instructions
3. Uninstall TornTV
The TornTV application can be voluntary to watch videos or involuntarily installed alongside third party malware. If TornTV is on your computer with or without consent, remove it immediately using blow steps for the sake of safety.
- 1. Access Window’s Start Menu and select Control Panel
2. Select Uninstall a program or Add and remove programs
3. Look for TornTV in the list of installed programs, once found (if at all) select TornTV and click the Uninstall button or double TornTV to remove it. Please note, there many be more than 1 unwanted application installed, check for other suspicious titles such as Yontoo, etc.
4. Remove TornTV (Add-on, Extension, Toolbar)
Remove TornTV and third party browser helper objects negatively affecting your browser and system.
To view a list of associated BHOs please refer to a previous post about Text Enhance.
- Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+Shift+A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin look TornTV and associated add-ons and remove them.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab look for TornTV and associated add=ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Wrench or 3 bar icon next to the address bar and navigate to Tools >Extensions.
2. Look for TornTV and associated extensions and remove them by clicking the trashcanicon immediately adjacent to the add-on/extension.