How to Remove Search.Snap.Do from Your Computer and Internet Browser (Resoft, Smartbar)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Re: How to Remove Search.Snap.Do from Your Computer and Internet Browser (Resoft, Smartbar)

Postby Ivy » 2013-11-18 1:05

Hi stunstun,

Welcome to Anvisoft forum. I am sorry to hear that you still experience the snap.do redirect virus.

It must be that some items related to snap.do still exit on your computer, and start automatically when you boot your PC, and then change your browser setting once again.

Please go to your control panel and check once again if any program named snap.do or resoft, if you find any, please make sure to uninstall.

If you can not find any suspicious in your control panel, please just ignore the step and go to check your startup menu to prevent it coming back again.

To do that, please follow tips below:

1. Download Anvi Startup Booster and install it: http://www.anvisoft.com/startup-booster.html

2. After you get Anvi Startup Booster installed, please go to Startup Tab, find setup that’s belonging to snap.do, and then click the drop-down menu button, select the Location from the list, and you will be forwarded to the program folder of snap.do, please make sure to delete all file located under the snap.do.

Expand the drop down menu of Setup again, click on “Delete” button again to remove the snap.dofrom the startup menu.

Should you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Remove Search.Snap.Do from Your Computer and Internet Browser (Resoft, Smartbar)

Postby stunstun » 2013-11-18 18:02

it still did not show up however just wondering has it ever shown up as smartbar?
stunstun

Postby Ivy » 2013-11-19 0:26

stunstun wrote:it still did not show up however just wondering has it ever shown up as smartbar?

Yes, the smartbar is also malicious. Please make sure to uninstall it.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby espen.marki@gmail.com » 2013-11-25 19:19

I managed to install this ungodly program on my pc when trying to install Splash Lite.....

So I've been doing what everyone else have been doing, but I can't get it removed completely.

Google Chrome:
I managed to remove it from Chrome by just removing the add-on.

Internet Explorer:
All I can do is activate it again (I can't delete it).

From my computer:
I can't get it off my "remove program" list. I'm clicking yes to the "allow to etc." but it doesn't get removed, the mouse cursor just indicates that it is loading. But nothing happens and the program closes.
I found out where it is located though:

Can I just uninstall the entire smartbar folder, I just formatted my pc (like 60 min ago) so I might just do that again.

I'm never just going to brainlessly click through an installer again!

PS: does anyone know how to install Splash lite without getting this crap installed as well, or do anyone know about a video software that can handle HD videos (VLC gets lag on HD movies, and that just makes me wanna smash the TV).

Hopefully you guys can help me with this (think I'm just going to format my pc again, got all my drivers and stuff ready anyways, but hopefully this can help someone who gets into the same situation as me myself if it gets an answer)!

Cheers Marki
espen.marki@gmail.com

Postby Ivy » 2013-11-25 20:36

Google Chrome:
I managed to remove it from Chrome by just removing the add-on.

You have to repair your homepage and search engine after you remove the snap.do add-on

Internet Explorer:
All I can do is activate it again (I can't delete it)

Yes, please disable it from running on your computer and then repair your homepage and search engine also.

Can I just uninstall the entire smartbar folder, I just formatted my pc (like 60 min ago) so I might just do that again.

Please delete the smartbar folder completely.

By the way, please also check your program list and make sure to uninstall snap.do toolbar, smartbar, resoft etc... from your computer.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby 07lwt » 2014-02-18 8:05

Hi, i have some how got snap.do on my google chrome. However it sometimes comes up as feedhelpbar.com and then transfers me to yahoo when i try to open a new tab. I have tried following your instructions but I cannot find snap.do or feedhelpbar on my programmes so cannot uninstall it on control panel. i have also looked in etensions and can't find it there either. please help
07lwt

Postby Ivy » 2014-02-18 20:34

07lwt wrote:Hi, i have some how got snap.do on my google chrome. However it sometimes comes up as feedhelpbar.com and then transfers me to yahoo when i try to open a new tab. I have tried following your instructions but I cannot find snap.do or feedhelpbar on my programmes so cannot uninstall it on control panel. i have also looked in etensions and can't find it there either. please help

Have you ever also removed the startup page and homepage the feedhelpbar.com from your Google Chrome?
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby jammyalii135@gmail.com » 2014-03-11 21:00

Hi there, I just wanted to share this little insight to everyone ... If you go to your control panel and view your installed programs ... If there is something in there by the name of "Quickshare" ... Delete it! They are the same company as Snap.do .. I was looking through your previous posts and noticed someone had mentioned Quickshare ... i found it, deleted it and for me now i have no more Snap.do on my Google Chrome :)

Happy Me :)

Thanks
Jodie
jammyalii135@gmail.com

Postby Ivy » 2014-03-11 21:26

jammyalii135@gmail.com wrote:Hi there, I just wanted to share this little insight to everyone ... If you go to your control panel and view your installed programs ... If there is something in there by the name of "Quickshare" ... Delete it! They are the same company as Snap.do .. I was looking through your previous posts and noticed someone had mentioned Quickshare ... i found it, deleted it and for me now i have no more Snap.do on my Google Chrome :)

Happy Me :)

Thanks
Jodie

:mrgreen: Great! Thanks a lot for your information.

The snap.do is such annoying and it get stubborn to be removed. Hope your information help other victims to solve the problem easily.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby umdidteam@gmail.com » 2014-03-13 13:05

If you have followed the instructions and still find your new tabs and home page redirected to snap.do, check your applications for "QuickShare," it may be the problem, just uninstall it. This worked for me.
umdidteam@gmail.com

PreviousNext

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Search.sweetim.com and SweetIM Toolbar (Uninstall Guide)Sophia15822
How to Remove Ox-d.adxmediaone.com Pop-up Ads? (Ox-d.adxmediaone.com Pop-up Ads Removal Instruction)Ivy708
Remove Fissa Search and Fissa.com Browser Hijacker from IE/FF/CHROMEFrances221
How to Remove Searchqandas.com Redirect virus? (Removal Guide)Ocean1862
How to Remove Windows Anytime Upgrade Ukash Trojan/Ransomware-Removal GuideSophia1836