How to Remove Ib.adnxs.com? (Homepage changed to Ib.adnxs.com Problem Fix)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Remove Ib.adnxs.com? (Homepage changed to Ib.adnxs.com Problem Fix)

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-28 1:56

This page provides you with the best way to remove Ib.adnxs.com redirect virus. Learn more here and remove it from your computer thoroughly!

Ib.adnxs.com is a malicious browser redirect virus that can change your browser internet setting as well as the default homepage. It keeps popping up you Ib.adnxs.com when you try to open any other websites. It can also modify or delete your system files, which may make irrevocable damage to your computer.

Most commonly, Ib.adnxs.com installs itself on a computer without computer user's knowledge or consent. Pretending itself to be a legitimate website, Ib.adnxs.com actually contains rootkit and Trojans which can steal personal information and confidential data such as bank account information, credit card information, social security number.

It's really an annoying thing to get infected with Ib.adnxs.com and to keep being redirected to this website. You're highly encouraged to remove this redirect virus as soon as possible if you have faced such problems mentioned above. This step-by-step manual removal guide will tell you how to do it. Learn more here and remove Ib.adnxs.com from your computer thoroughly.

Ib.adnxs.com Manual Removal Guide

Step 1>To make it easier to uninstall Ib.adnxs.com, we recommend you to download and install Cloud System Booster to clean up your computer.

Cloud System Booster direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/csb/

Step 2> Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries.

Hosts file locates on C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Then there will come out hosts files and hosts backup files. Open both of them in the form of notepad and then make sure the hosts file is in accordance with the hosts backup file.

Should there is no backup host files in your computer, please open Host Files with Notepad. The default host files should be only one line:127.0.0.1 localhost in Windows XP and 127.0.0.1 localhost ::1 in Windows Vista, if there're more lines, please delete all of them and save the change.

Step 3> Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings

To do this, you need to go to Control Panel->Network Connections->Local Area Connection->Right-click Local Area Network icon and select Properties->Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and Click Properties once again. A window showed below will display:

Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.

Step 4> Reset homepage.

* Internet Explorer

Open Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Option->General.

You have two options. One is to set homepage as a blank page. The other is to set a certain website as the homepage. Then click OK to save the change.

* Mozilla Firefox

Open Mozilla Firefox->Tools->Options->General->Startup

You have two options. One is to select when Firefox Starts Show a blank page and then click Ok to save the change. The other is to set a certain website (Just type a website into the address box) as the homepage. Then click OK to save the change.

* Google Chrome

Open Google Chrome->Wrench Icon->Options->Basics

On Startup area, select Open the home page. Then navigate to the Home page area, you also have two options here, please refer to Mozilla Firefox homepage reset guide.

Step 5> Remove Ib.adnxs.com add-on from your web browsers.

* Internet Explorer

To do this, you need to open Internet Explorer->Tools->Manage Addons->Disable Ib.adnxs.com related add ons or disable all unverified add ons.

* Mozilla Firefox

To do this, you need to open your Mozilla Firefox->Tools->Add-ons->Extensions->Disable Ib.adnxs.com related extensions or disable all unverified extensions.

Image Image

* Google Chrome

To do this, you need to open your Google Chrome->Wrench Icon->Tools->Extensions->Unclick the Enabled to disable Ib.adnxs.com Extension and then click the Bin button to remove it.

Here also provide you with a very simple way to help you block this website

Anvi Ad Blocker by Anvisoft is designed to help users block suspicious websites, risky pop ups and banners.

Download Anvi Ad Blocker->install and run Anvi Ad Blocker->click MORE on top right of its main screen and then select Settings->Select Black List->click Add URL and type Ib.adnxs.com into the input window->Click OK to save the change.

Internet Explorer Users' Alternative Option

If you use Internet Explorer, you can download our Browser Repair Tool to one-click fix your Internet Explorer problem. You simply reset DNS settings, restore homepage and block Windows Startup Popup using Browser Repair Tool. Now, download and install Browser Repair Tool v1.0 to enjoy one-click to fix all web browser problem.

Please download Browser Repair Tool v1.0 for free by this link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/brt/

A screenshot of Browser Repair Tool v1.0:

ImageImage

Recommended:

Junk files, disabling unneeded services, 3rd party applications generated junks can all make it easier for your computer to get infected with these viruses. We highly recommend you to install a certain powerful system optimizer to clean up your computer. Cloud System Booster by Anvisoft was initially designed to better help users clean and optimize Windows-based systems by throwing out junk files, disabling unneeded services, cleaning up 3rd party applications generated junks, and repairing registry errors. It's time to provide your computer with an extra layer of protection! Click here to learn more about Cloud System Booster.

Image Image(30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE)

We are trying our best to provide you with the best anti-malware product. You're encouraged to leave a reply or a comment and we will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft.
Autumn
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Re: How to Remove Ib.adnxs.com? (Homepage changed to Ib.adnxs.com Problem Fix)

Postby ken » 2012-08-28 2:47

This article works to me. I have already fixed my problem. :)
ken

Postby tfuller » 2012-09-06 23:26

How do I know what files to delete from my Hosts file? I have over 11000 posts........
tfuller

Postby Ivy » 2012-09-07 0:51

Hello tfuller,
Please see the screenshot of the default host files. Remove the extra lines.
If you are unable to make any changes for your host files, please download the attached on to replace the host files on your computer.
Attachments
hosts.7z
(542 Bytes) Downloaded 468 times
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Sophia » 2012-09-10 4:35

tfuller wrote:How do I know what files to delete from my Hosts file? I have over 11000 posts........

Hi, tfuller.

You may also take another try. Usually, when you search your hosts files with "hosts", there would appear "hosts file" and "hosts back-up file" on your computer. You may open them both in form of notepad and make sure the hosts file is in accordance with the hosts backup file. That's it.

Good luck to you and if any further question, just let us know. :geek:
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby ictadvisor » 2012-09-17 15:18

Hello Autumn
I have registered to this forum as all day today I have been firefighting this problem as I found when using Mozilla and Chrome websites I was looking at we're flagging up ads on pages that I knew did not accommodate ads on those pages. I found that IE9 on the same computer was not experiencing the problem.

I have found this post interesting but may have made one mistake by booting up PC into safe mode and not safe mode with networking. Because I ran your software and then ran malware bytes. But, the problem is still there. Should I run through the process again but boot the PC up and select the safe mode you suggest.
Many thanks in advance as I have been exasperated by this issue all day.
ictadvisor

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-17 20:11

Hello ictadvisor,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion, I really appreciate them. Please try to run through the process in safe mode to see if it works for you. For any other question or problem, please feel free to post here. I'll answer your question as soon as possible. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft. Have a good day! :D

Autumn
Autumn
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-17 20:12

ictadvisor wrote:Hello Autumn
I have registered to this forum as all day today I have been firefighting this problem as I found when using Mozilla and Chrome websites I was looking at we're flagging up ads on pages that I knew did not accommodate ads on those pages. I found that IE9 on the same computer was not experiencing the problem.

I have found this post interesting but may have made one mistake by booting up PC into safe mode and not safe mode with networking. Because I ran your software and then ran malware bytes. But, the problem is still there. Should I run through the process again but boot the PC up and select the safe mode you suggest.

Hello ictadvisor,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion, I really appreciate them. Please try to run through the process in safe mode to see if it works for you. For any other question or problem, please feel free to post here. I'll answer your question as soon as possible. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft. Have a good day! :D

Autumn
Autumn
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-17 20:43

Autumn wrote:
ictadvisor wrote:Hello Autumn

Hello ictadvisor,

Autumn

Here is a very simple way to help you block this website.

Anvi Ad Blocker by Anvisoft is designed and created to help users block malicious/unwanted websites, risky pop ups and banners.

Download Anvi Ad Blocker->install and run Anvi Ad Blocker->click MORE on top right of its main screen and then select Settings->Select Black List ->click Add URL and type ib.adnxs.com into the input window->Click OK to save the change.

Autumn
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

Postby freddy » 2012-09-18 2:14

What's the difference between safe mode and safe mode with networking? Every time, I solve my PC problem in safe mode with networking.
freddy

Next

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Pup.datamngr (Trojan Removal Guide)Sophia5119
How to Remove Lpcloudsvr203.com Popup Ads (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn519
How to Remove Popup Ads by MirrorFile.net (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn169
How to Remove Start.findwide.com Redirect Virus from IE/FF/Chrome?(Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)Frances6562
How to remove $Recycle.Bin? (Trojan Horse Removal Guide)Autumn16249