How to Uninstall My Web Search Toolbar ( Home.MyWebSearch.com Redirect Removal)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Uninstall My Web Search Toolbar ( Home.MyWebSearch.com Redirect Removal)

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-27 22:50

Is My Web Search risky to keep? How to fix this? How to get rid of this My Web Search Toolbar on IE, Firefox and Google Chrome? Read this post to find more.

My Web Search, also known as the My Way Speedbar, is the Internet Explorer toolbar, part of the Fun Web Products suite of utilities such as Smiley Central, Cursor Mania, My mail Stationary, My Mail Signature, PopSwatter, Popular Screensavers, Webfetti, and the My Way website portal. This toolbar allows easy acess to search engine results and a 404 error redirector called My Total Search among other things to the browser. Although none of these products claim to be spyware/adware, they do slow down the computer involved. All these products use cookies to track usage, although they claim not to use cookies or anything else to track personally identifiable information. So, regardless that My Web Search is not really the widely said spyware/adware, it is still recommended to uninstall the toolbar and other Fun Web Products if you are annoyed by them.

Search.mywebsearch.png

How Do I Know If I Have My Web Search Installed?-Symptoms

Often distributed as freeware or bundled with other freeware/shareware to install onto the browsers by adding directory files and registry entries. My Web Search is installed as browser helper objects (managed search, toolbar) and sometimes causes url input to redirect to http://home.mywebsearch.com/.

My-Web-Search-Search-Engine.png

• My Web Search installs a toolbar titled “My Web Search toolbar” or “mywebsearch Community Toolbar” that is powered by Conduit onto internet browser.

My-Web-Search-Conduit.png

My Web Search Toolbar Removal Steps

1. First off, use Antivirus/Anti-malware software to full scan the computer and make sure it is clean from any potential infections. Some malware or hijacker viruses may reset the Internet settings for redirections and this will secure that.

2. Remove Internet Browser Extension – Remove add-on, or extension from your infected internet browser.

3. Uninstall Program – Uninstall My Web Search program through control panel.

4. Clean up the computer with system cleaner/optimizer.

Below are detailed removal steps:

Step 1>Antivirus/Anti-Malware Software to ensure the computer is clean.

Download the recommended anti-malware tool-Anvi Smart Defender (direct download) to perform a full scan to ensure the computer is clean from any malware infections. This antimalware tool is available with both a free version and a pro version. Or you may just use your installed antivirus or antimalware to do this for you.

Step 2> How to remove My Web Search Toolbar Extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari.

Google Chrome Extension (CRX):

1) Open Chrome, click on the Settings icon (wrench) and navigate to Tools > Extensions.

chrome-tools-extensions.jpg

2)Select the My Web Search Toolbar plugin from the list of extensions, and click Uninstall or Disable.

My-Web-Search-Google-Chrome-Extension.png

• To search which extensions are currently running on Chrome navigate to Tools > Task Manager

Mozilla Firefox Extension (XPI):

1) Open Firefox, and navigate to Tools -> Add-ons (Ctrl+Shift+A).

Tools-Addons-Firefox.png

2)Select Extensions and find the My Web Search Toolbar extension, and click disable and remove.

How to block the Mywebsearch.com cookie

a.From the Tools menu, select Options
b.In the upper section of the Options window, click Privacy
c.Under the Cookies tab, click Exceptions
d. In the new Exceptions – Cookies window, enter mywebsearch.com in the Address of Website field and click Disable.

Microsoft Internet Explorer:

1)Click the Tools button and then click Manage add-ons.

Manage-Addons-Internet-Explorer.png

2) Under Show, click All add-ons or Toolbars and Extensions. (Depends which IE you use)

3)Select the My Web Search Toolbar plugin from the list of software, and click disable.

a. From the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, select Internet Options
b. Select the Privacy tab and then click Sites. The Per site privacy actions window will be displayed
c. In the Per site privacy actions window, enter mywebsearch.com in the Address of Web site field
d. Click Block

Restricted site option

a. Access: Tools(Alt-x) > Internet Options

Tools-Internet-Options-Internet-Explorer.png

b. Select the Security tab and click Restricted sites

Internet-Options-Restrict-Site-IE.png

c. Click the “Sites” button and individually enter: Mywebsearch.com. And below is an example of text-enhance.com block.

Restrict-Text-Enhance-Websites-IE.png

Apple Safari Extension:

1)In settings, go to Preferences and click the Extensions tab.

Preferences-Safari.png

2) Remove/Disable My Web Search Toolbar extension or turn all extensions Off.

Safari-Extensions.png

a. Click the general Safari menu icon and select Safari Preferences
b. Select the Privacy tab, and check: Block cookies: “from third parties and advertisers

Block-cookies-on-Apple-Safari.png

Step 3) Uninstall My Search Toolbar from your computer

• Close all open internet browsers
• From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel
• Select “Add/Remove Programs
• Select “My Web Search Bar
• Click “uninstall/Remove

Should you reopen your Web browser and still see the My Web Search toolbar, you may need to restart your computer for the uninstall process to be completed.

Step 4> Clean up the OS with PC system cleaner/optimizer

Use the recommended Cloud System Booster(direct download)to conveniently clean up your computer system by throwing out junk files, repairing registry errors and optimizing system services to boost the PC performance. A free version of it is at your service. A worthy try, we promise.

Technical Info of My Web Search

C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysloc\sysloc.dll
C:\WINDOWS\ieocx.dll
C:\windows\ld08.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\NETWOR~1\protect.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ONSIO.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\akpcsc.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autochk.dll
C:\DOCUME~1\NETWOR~1\protect.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.dll
C:\windows\ld08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ieocx.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysloc\sysloc.dll

%AppData% files:
{39fc2065-c9c7-49cd-8942-44cc2dedc844}
{2267F93C-600C-420E-A229-3317AADD3951}
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Uninstall My Web Search Toolbar ( Home.MyWebSearch.com Redirect Fix)

Postby Sophia » 2012-08-27 23:08

Hey, guys :D

Happy to have you here and if any questions/practices/experiences related, please leave it here either for further discussion or to let us better cater to your needs to better improve our services and software. We Anvisoft Team is dedicated to provide reliable information and useful software in the field of PC OS maintenance and computer malware prevention. If you find the article or recommended tools useful here, please help us spread the word Anvisoft around and we will highly appreciate that and transform it into a big encouragement for us to better our services and products.

Good luck with you and be safe online. :geek:
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Uninstall My Web Search Toolbar ( Home.MyWebSearch.com Redirect Removal)

Postby Retno » 2012-11-24 20:01

hello, i've tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. the mywebsearch is still there. do you have any other idea how to destroy that damned thing? thanks.
Retno

Re: How to Uninstall My Web Search Toolbar ( Home.MyWebSearch.com Redirect Removal)

Postby Ivy » 2012-11-25 20:30

Hi Retno,
Please follow steps below to remove My Web Search Toolbar:

1. Please go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.

2. Search for My Web Search Toolbar in the list. Select the program and click Remove button.
If you are using Windows Vista/7, click Uninstall up near the top of that window.

3. Remove the toolbar from your browser. Steps offered by Sophia can help you to remove the toolbar.

Should you have any problem, please let us know. We will try our best to help you.

--
Ivy
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Twopular.com?(Homepage Changed to Twopular.com Removal Guide)Autumn870
How to Remove Adsrvmedia.adk2.net Popup Ads (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn1850
How to Get Rid of UpdateNowPro.com Pop-up Virus from Your IE/FF/Chrome?Ivy8506
Easily Remove CouponIOS Adware(Removal Guide)Frances123
How to Remove Happy2Save Ads and Deals (Adware Removal Guide)?Autumn9817