How to Uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar from Your Computer completely? (Adware Removal Guide)

This forum is committed to providing guides to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to Uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar from Your Computer completely? (Adware Removal Guide)

Postby Autumn » 2012-08-27 4:33

This page mainly introduces FLV Runner Toolbar removal guide which can help you get rid of this annoying adware. Learn more here and uninstall it from your computer thoroughly!

What is FLV Runner Toolbar?

FLV Runner Toolbar is defined as an adware program which is used to configurate a bothersome search bar named search.conduit.com.

A screenshot of FLV Runner Toolbar:

What can FLV Runner Toolbar result in?

FLV Runner Toolbar will change your browser internet setting as well as your default homepage. It keeps popping up you flvrunner.ourtoolbar.com when you try to open other websites. It will also modify or delete your system files, which may make irrevocable damage to your computer.

Most commonly, FLV Runner Toolbar install itself on your computer without your knowledge or consent. FLV Runner Toolbar may contain rootkit and trojans which will steal your personal information and confidential date such as bank account information, credit card information, social security number and any other very personal information.

You're highly encouraged to remove this redirect virus as soon as possible if you have faced such problems mentioned above. This step-by-step uninstall guide will tell you how to do it.

FLV Runner Toolbar Uninstall Guide (Google Chrome, Firefox and IE ):

Step>1 Download and install Anvi Smart Defender (Highly recommended) to fully scan your computer and remove all potential threats. Anvi Smart Defender is is light and compatible with almost all mainstream antivirus programs and it is a nice choice to enhance the computer protection online. Download it for free: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd/

Step>2 Uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar from Windows. To do this, go to the Start Menu->Control Panel->Uninstall/Remove Programs->Find the FLV Runner Toolbar entry in the list of installed software and then click Remove/Uninstall and proceed with the procedure.

Step>3 Disable FLV Runner Toolbar extension (Google Chrome, Firefox and IE).

In Google Chrome:

>Open Google Chrome.

>Click the wrench icon located on the top-right corner of Google Chrome.

>Then click Tools->Extension. It will display an installed extension list.

>Find FLV Runner Toolbar on the installed extension list. Unclick the Enabled button to disable FLV Runner Toolbar Extension and then click the Bin button to remove it.

In Firefox:

> Open Firefox.

> Locate at the menu bar at the top, then click Tools-> Add Ons. It will display an installed extension list.

>Find Find FLV Runner Toolbar on the installed extension list. Disable and remove FLV Runner Toolbar Extension.

In IE:

> Open Internet Explorer.

> Click Tools->Manage add-ons. Then it will display a window as showed below.

> Click Toolbars and Extensions. Then select FLV Runner Toolbar and disable it.

We are trying our best to provide you with the best anti-malware product. You're encouraged to leave a reply or a comment and we will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft. :lol:
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to Uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar from Your Computer completely? (Adware Removal Guide)

Postby phoebe1230 » 2012-08-27 7:42

I use Google Chrome. Is it possible to get infected with this toolbar? I will pay more attention to it. BTW, I have downloaded your ASD new version--V1.6. It's awesome! :mrgreen: You've done a great job!
phoebe1230

Re: How to Uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar from Your Computer completely? (Adware Removal Guide)

Postby monica » 2012-08-27 22:11

I followed your instruction and successfully remove it from my Google Chrome. :P
monica

Postby monica » 2012-08-27 22:12

To Phoebe 1230,

Yes. I think it's possible for both IE and Firefox get infected with this. Pay more attention to it. :)
monica

Postby Alexey Abalmasov » 2012-10-03 0:35

Is anvisoft free? I used this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKl77mO8zo bu still have newtab set to "conduit" in Firefox.
Alexey Abalmasov

Postby Ivy » 2012-10-04 9:09

Hello Alexey,
We provide free version for Anvisoft anti-malware program.
You can download directly from our official website.
http://www.anvisoft.com/product/smartdefender.html
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Ivy » 2012-10-04 9:15

bu still have newtab set to "conduit" in Firefox.

Do you follow all the steps to remove the toolbar from your firefox?

Please try this:

1). Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2) Select Extensions. Uninstall the all extensions related to conduit.
3) Click the small magnifier icon at the right top corner of Firefox, select Manage Search Engines from the drop down list.
4) Select Search the web (conduit) and click Remove button. Click OK to save the changes.
5) In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter, you will get warning message from Firefox , please click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue.
6) In the filter at the top, type: babylon to search items related to babylon search bar.
You will see all the preferences that were changed by conduit toolbar in the search result. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
7) At last, go to Tool-Options, Under the General tab reset the startup homepage.

Good luck.
If you still have the same problem, please let me know. I will try my best to help you.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby KitKat151 » 2013-08-17 20:18

I removed it a long time ago, and I've noticed that every few minutes now for the past 2 days, there is a pop up that asks to install the toolbar. I could be browsing Facebook or playing a game, and it will pop up. It won't go away. I click no, and a few minutes later, it pops back up. How do I get it to stop asking?

FLV PLAYER UPDATE from SOMOTO LTD.
And if I search my computer for the original, nothing pops up.
KitKat151

Postby Ivy » 2013-08-18 22:41

KitKat151 wrote:I removed it a long time ago, and I've noticed that every few minutes now for the past 2 days, there is a pop up that asks to install the toolbar. I could be browsing Facebook or playing a game, and it will pop up. It won't go away. I click no, and a few minutes later, it pops back up. How do I get it to stop asking?

FLV PLAYER UPDATE from SOMOTO LTD.
And if I search my computer for the original, nothing pops up.

Hi,

It seems that the FLV Runner toolbar installer is still on your computer and it want to install automatically on your PC.

Next time, when it pop-ups, please pay attention and find its location, and then delete the installer.

Alternatively, please check your download folder if there's any FLV Runner toolbar installer, if any, please make sure to delete it.

Furthermore, check your app data folder

In windows 7, in the search box, type in %AppData%
In windows XP, you may click Start -> Run, and type the %AppData% in Run box and click OK to open the user folder.

Find and search any .exe file related to FLV Runner and then make sure to delete.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Guide

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Remove Backdoor.Multi.Zaccess.Gen (Rootkit Removal Guide)Sophia1267
How to Remove Uncoverthenet.com? (Homepage changed to uncoverthenet.com removal)Ocean3835
How to Uninstall FLV Runner Toolbar from Your Computer completely? (Adware Removal Guide)Autumn44725
Remove Ads by SurfShield from Browsers (Adwar Removal Guide)Frances243
How to Remove Buzzdock Ads? (Adware Removal Guide)Autumn21307