How to access my data on a hard drive?

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

How to access my data on a hard drive?

Postby Arvin00508 » 2013-11-06 22:21

Hi, there! I have encountered a really strange problem recently. Please, help me!
The day before yesterday, I tried to read my external hard drive on my computer as usual. But, there was nothing shown or displayed. But, I still could see there were 586 MB data. It is really strange. Do you have any idea about my hard drive problem? Is it still possible for me to access all the inner contained data?
Any idea could be appreciated!
Arvin00508

Re: How to access my data on a hard drive?

Postby Algerl7891 » 2013-11-10 22:04

OK! Your problem is really strange. But, according to my personal experiences, you can try to resolve your problems in three ways:

1). Try to unhide your data there.
According to your description, your data may be hidden anyway. Try to show it up again:
Start => Run => Type in "control folders" and press "OK" =>Click "View" and hook "Show hidden files and folders"=> Press "OK".

2). Scan your hard drive with antivirus tool
Sometimes, the virus also would hide the data and make it invisible to you. So, just try to do antivirus scan on your hard drive. (You should take care not to delete some needed files in the process.)

3). Restore your files back by using an external hard drive data recovery program.
This problem also could be caused by the drive problems. So, if you want to save these files, you'd better try to use an external hard drive data recovery program that always could help retrieve the inaccessible files back

But, if you know nothing of the data recover stuff, you also can firstly take chances with some data recovery freeware which always can work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, 4Card Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

I hope my words can help you out!
Last edited by Algerl7891 on 2014-01-09 3:53, edited 1 time in total.
Algerl7891

Postby Arvin00508 » 2013-11-14 21:06

Algerl7891 wrote:OK! Your problem is really strange. But, according to my personal experiences, you can try to resolve your problems in three ways:

1). Try to unhide your data there.
According to your description, your data may be hidden anyway. Try to show it up again:
Start => Run => Type in "control folders" and press "OK" =>Click "View" and hook "Show hidden files and folders"=> Press "OK".

2). Scan your hard drive with antivirus tool
Sometimes, the virus also would hide the data and make it invisible to you. So, just try to do antivirus scan on your hard drive. (You should take care not to delete some needed files in the process.)

3). Restore your files back by using an external hard drive data recovery program.
This problem also could be caused by the drive problems. So, if you want to save these files, you'd better try to use an external hard drive data recovery program that always could help retrieve the inaccessible files back

But, if you know nothing of the data recover stuff, you also can firstly take chances with some data recovery freeware which always can work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, 4Card Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

I hope my words can help you out!

It seems only you are interested in my question. So, I have read your answer carefully and tried your mentioned two ways. But, the former two ways do not make a sense. So, I directly applied your listed data recovery freeware. They all work well on my hard drive, especially the last one that has finally restored all my wanted data back for free.
Thank you very much!!!!
Last edited by Arvin00508 on 2014-01-09 3:55, edited 1 time in total.
Arvin00508

Postby shayanjameel08 » 2013-12-02 0:54

just try the mouse and click My Computer.
Then click the drive you want to see.
No problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at all
shayanjameel08

Postby DavidParkar » 2014-05-20 17:36

Try any recovery tool like Remo Recover. This application had helped lot to restore data when I faced similar problem in it.
DavidParkar

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to access my data on a hard drive?Arvin005084977
CD/DVD RomAmjad Ramaish2227
Do you have any idea for me to rescue external hard drive files?Gladys6747471
helping of install gboxappyeakubali6616
Guide to clear computer cookieshenrichk3293