Babylon Search Virus

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

Babylon Search Virus

Postby kurkk » 2012-05-28 3:22

Hi, who can help me with my PC? My computer was infected with a babylon virus last week. I want to get rid of it, which is supposed to be a language translator site service, got into my e-mail account, my pictures. It's really annoying!
kurkk

Re: Babylon Search Virus

Postby Autumn » 2012-05-28 3:44

Hello,

Thank you for visiting our forum. The following links may be of some help to you:

http://www.anvisoft.com/wiki/how-to-remove-isearch.babylon.com-hijacker.html

http://www.anvisoft.com/wiki/how-to-remove-babylon-search.html

Let us know if you continue to experience this same problem. We are always here to help :)
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby kurkk » 2012-05-28 23:47

autumn,
I turn on my computer and when I click on Google Chrome this Babylon Search thing comes up. What is going on???
kurkk

Postby Autumn » 2012-05-29 1:41

Hello again,

If you meant babylon exe, it is not actually a virus, but a rogueware. Please try the removal guides below to remove it manually:

Step1: Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.

Step2: Search for Babylon.exe in the list. Select the program and click Remove button.

Step3: Open Google Chrome, Click on Customize and control Google Chrome icon and select Settings
Choose Basic Options. Change Google Chrome homepage to google.com or any other and click the Manage search engines... button,

Select Google from the list and make it your default search engine;
Select Search Results from the list remove it by clicking the "X" to delete the babylon toolbar
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby kurkk » 2012-05-30 5:19

Hi Autumn, Thanks for your help very much. I finally get this nasty virus out of my PC. But Anvi Smart Defender interferes with my PC performance, I must uninstall it from my computer. Any way, I will keep using Cloud System Booster.
kurkk

Postby Autumn » 2012-05-30 20:57

Hello,

You are most welcome here! Than you for the feedback. It may slow down the system a little bit when the full guard is on, since it scans everything you open or that is running. Also we are sure to try our best to improve this feature in the future. Thanks again.
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby sarmen » 2012-09-10 4:23

I believe that kurkk's problem has already been solved. You do not need to post your removal guide here once again.
:P
sarmen

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
I only Have One Fan on my CPU is it safe?Barbie4043
Is my PC infected from virus??ashleysimpson0524429
help that Microsoft Update repeatedly offers the same updatesanlata3453
Searching for solutions- Worm W32.Stikpid Problempaulina2395
NEED HELPSumanta1234187