This is a virus, please stop it.

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

This is a virus, please stop it.

Postby micknick » 2012-12-20 3:50

what is white smoke??? i didnt want this! i downloaded from thepiratebay.se a movie, and ads come up with some software (i had a link of this window)

i push cancel, but it didnt stop. now i have toolbar and more software that i dont want. Please stop the malware.
micknick

Re: This is a virus, please stop it.

Postby Ivy » 2012-12-20 4:04

Hello,
Welcome to Anvisoft forum and thanks for posting your problem here. I am Ivy and I am going to help you with your problem.

Whitesmoke is a translation software solution that claims to be created based on advanced statistical machine translation technology but it works as a malicious program because it it slows down the browsing speed, releases pop ups and seems hijacking the browser by automatically changing the browsing settings.

If you have whitesmoke toolbar on your computer, you are highly encouraged to uninstall it as soon as possible.

To remove Whitesmoke toolbar from your computer and fix the issue, actually it is not so hard and you need to reset the browser settings like startup page, search engine, extensions/add-ons. Besides, it is also necessary to clear the browsing data to prevent any privacy leak for underhand purposes.

For detail information, please check following post:http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1291-0.html

Tool recommended to repair Internet Explorer problem:

Anvi Browser repair (Direct download link)

brower repair.jpg
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby micknick » 2012-12-20 4:07

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I am moving forward to fix the problem as you suggested.
Hope your guide work.

Once again, thanks a lot.
micknick

Postby Ivy » 2012-12-20 4:09

Please have a try. Should you have any problem, please let me know. I will try my best to help you.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Borad » 2012-12-25 23:30

Followings are the list of top 10 anti virus softwares. Which can really help you to solve your problem.
Comodo Antivirus 2012.
Avast! Pro Antivirus 2012.
BitDefender.
Panda Antivirus.
PC Antivirus Pro 2012.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus .
Norton Internet Security 2012.
AVG Anti-Virus 2012.
pyware Doctor with Antivirus.
Avira AntiVir Premium.
Borad
Borad

Postby Ivy » 2012-12-26 1:01

Borad wrote:Followings are the list of top 10 anti virus softwares. Which can really help you to solve your problem.
Comodo Antivirus 2012.
Avast! Pro Antivirus 2012.
BitDefender.
Panda Antivirus.
PC Antivirus Pro 2012.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus .
Norton Internet Security 2012.
AVG Anti-Virus 2012.
pyware Doctor with Antivirus.
Avira AntiVir Premium.

Hi Borad,

The anti-virus program you listed are good and powerful program to protect computer.
But I am afraid that they can not remove the white smoke toolbar. The smoke toolbar is bundled with other free program which can not be detected by anti-virus program.
When have white smoke toolbar installed on computer, it's better to remove it manually.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the software here. ;)
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby micknick » 2012-12-28 4:03

Thanks for your both. I manage to remove the toolbar and fix my browser problem with Anvi Browser repair.

Thanks so much for the wonderful free utility. Great.
:mrgreen:
micknick

Postby danieladdison » 2013-05-06 0:32

Which antivirus installed on your PC. First scan your PC with that antivirus if your antivirus is not able to find virus then go for another antivirus. I want to give a advice to you use Norton antivirus for solving your problem because it detects all kind virus and keep all kind data safe and another thing is that you also get help from " Norton Technical Support " team at any time for solving your problem.
danieladdison

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2014-01-06 5:33

Norton antivirus is really good for detecting and removing viruses from your pc .It has some additional features also which help outside threats from coming to your PC.
Kevinmoffat

Postby thomasvandyke » 2014-02-10 8:00

As per your given info, i want to suggest that its definitely virus. Here you need to go for expert antivirus that do your trick. If you don't find any antivirus in ease then i want t suggest one very much effective and useful antivirus software and its name is Optimo Defender. Its very easy to download. :) :)
thomasvandyke

Next

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to Choose the Best Local Computer Repair Servicespetey3579
PC Security ConfigerationsCloud13188
Datejust IIturethann0
help that Microsoft Update repeatedly offers the same updatesanlata3276
I cant delete certified toolbar search?Bigtaylor8750