How can I block a website from my computer?

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

How can I block a website from my computer?

Postby pickendad » 2012-12-12 3:42

I'm trying to block 2yourface.com from my computer. I do not want my son to download anything from the website. It ruins computer.
It extremely distracting and I can't get anything done.
I've tried using Chrome and I've tried editing into the host files on my computer. But it just isn't working.
Please help me. Any suggestions are appreciated.
pickendad

Re: How can I block a website from my computer?

Postby Ivy » 2012-12-12 3:52

Hi,
Welcome to Anvisoft forum and thanks for posting your problem here. I am Ivy and I am going to help you with your problem.

You can block the website by modifying your host file with following tips:

1 Click "Start" and type “C:WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc” in the Search field at the bottom of the Start menu.

2 Right-click on the “hosts” file and select "Open." Choose "Notepad" as the program you wish to use to open the file, and click "OK."

3 At the bottom of the document, type “127.0.0.1” (without the quotes), followed by at least one space, followed by the URL of the website you want to block. For example, if you wanted to block “bing.com” you would enter “127.0.0.1 bing.com”. Do not put either "http:" or "www" in front of the names of websites you wish to block; doing so will result in the site not being blocked. You are blocking the entire site regardless of protocol.

4 Save the document and restart your computer. Any attempt to visit the site you blocked in Chrome or any other browser will result in an error message.

You can also take the tool developed by Anvisoft to block any website you want.

Download Anvi Ad Blocker->install and run Anvi Ad Blocker->click MORE on top right of its main screen and then select Settings->Select Black List->click Add URL and type www.allwaysearch.com into the input window->Click OK to save the change.

Direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/anviadblockerpro.html

block website.jpg

After downloading and installing Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0, you can enjoy a 15-day free trial, after the trial period ended, you can directly buy it if you want to continue block the website.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby pickendad » 2012-12-14 2:29

HI Ivy,
I download Anvi AD Blocker. It works perfectly on my computer.
Thanks so much.
pickendad

Postby devonsoft7 » 2013-01-14 6:21

Thanks. we use it to block site.
devonsoft7

Postby Ivy » 2013-01-14 20:26

Hi,
New version of Anvi AD Blocker has been released. You are highly recommend to download and install the latest version of the program to block any suspicious URL or phishing sites.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby mariamenounous » 2013-04-19 6:28

pickendad wrote:I'm trying to block 2yourface.com from my computer. I do not want my son to download anything from the website. It ruins computer.
It extremely distracting and I can't get anything done.
I've tried using Chrome and I've tried editing into the host files on my computer. But it just isn't working.
Please help me. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hii.

You can block the website from your computer through the following steps.. I hope you will love the solution.

Open MyComputer
2Browse C: (or your Operating system drive)
3Browse Windows –>System32–>drivers–>etc So the Location will be C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc In the etc folder look for the file hosts
4Open this file hosts with notepad.
5At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
8Save the file.
mariamenounous

Postby Ivy » 2013-04-21 21:05

The host file can also help users to block unwanted program.

Detail steps:

1 Click "Start" and type “C:WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc” in the Search field at the bottom of the Start menu.

2 Right-click on the “hosts” file and select "Open." Choose "Notepad" as the program you wish to use to open the file, and click "OK."

3 At the bottom of the document, type “127.0.0.1” (without the quotes), followed by at least one space, followed by the URL of the website you want to block. For example, if you wanted to block “bing.com” you would enter “127.0.0.1 bing.com”. Do not put either "http:" or "www" in front of the names of websites you wish to block; doing so will result in the site not being blocked. You are blocking the entire site regardless of protocol.

4 Save the document and restart your computer. Any attempt to visit the site you blocked in Chrome or any other browser will result in an error message.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Kevinmoffat » 2013-10-16 5:03

A website can be stop from open in computer by two ways firstly you can set its proxy or another is you can blacklist it from your pc then it will not open

or
Browse Windows –>System32–>drivers–>etc So the Location will be C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc In the etc folder look for the file hosts
Kevinmoffat

Postby shayanjameel08 » 2013-12-02 0:55

get a popop blocker or dont goto dumb sites.
shayanjameel08

Postby thomasvandyke » 2014-02-17 2:29

There are variety of sites that directly harm your computer system and effect your PC performance and their speed. If your system is harm by that kind of site then you have to go for any expert that is qualified in handling this kind of problem. Or now a days.there are enormous no. of service that provide PC support , you go for that services too. These services are quite effective and flawless in providing their services on the field of computer. :) ;)
Thank You,
Click4Support
thomasvandyke

Next

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Hello, please help me with blekko.com redirect problem.abbado3226
How to get rid of Win 7 antivirus?Sange4306
Please help me with my annoying problem of homepage!!!Donny3696
How can I block a website from my computer?pickendad15097
How to recover hidden folders?bricken3253