Describe security threats company faces wireless network?

Here post some PC problems on hardware, networking, software and system. Please do not post any question about malware.

Describe security threats company faces wireless network?

Postby candy » 2012-01-11 2:40

detailed security threats that company faces when implementing wireless network
candy

Re: Describe security threats company faces wireless network

Postby Denny » 2012-01-11 2:42

Primary security threats can be categorized into 4 physical areas: 1. Device 2. Communications channel 3. Wireless Gateway 4. System of Record

Typically the last two areas of concern are inside an organization's firewall and are less of a concern to a wireless deployment, though this does not have to be the case, i.e. in a hosted environment. Integration to the back end security systems already in place must be taken into account, such as LDAP or ADS, etc.

Security threats to the device and the comms channel can then be addressed by deploying the appropriate level of "security" (none, weak, moderate, strong) to the device or comms channel across another 4 subcategories of security: 1. Encryption 2. Authentication 3. Application Security 4. Data Security

3rd party software packages that perform all these functions exist today on the open market. Many of these capabilities, but not all, can be achieved from native OS functions from Microsoft for instance.

Mobile application platforms and Multichannel Access Gateways (MAGs) typically provide all this functionality into a single, off-the-shelf offering.
Denny

Return to PC Problems Help

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Is Gorillavid safe or ilivid download manager?Larrychecker9586
How do I get rid if Delta search?Kasperry7918
How to block every website but a few?fisherrr2161
How to uninstall the spyware doctorhenrichk1535
All my files and data were hidden. Please help me guysjenyclark588430