Android spying app masquerades as Gmail

A place to talk about relax topics, such as tailwaggers and jokes unrelated to our products, politics and religion. Please keep it clean.

Android spying app masquerades as Gmail

Postby queen » 2012-06-08 4:23

A new piece of Android malware that has recently been unearthed by NQ Mobile researchers is capable of logging text messages and phone calls, as well as record them, and send them to a remote server controlled by attackers.

Dubbed DDSpy, the malware hides in the app list and waits for instructions that can be delivered via SMS from a remote server.

"When DDSpy receives a command, it will configure the uploading email address and determine what content to steal. Our research shows that it’s capable of uploading the user’s SMS, call log, and vocal records," the researchers pointed out.

"In addition, it reserves a GPS-uploading interface for future development. Because of this strange activity, we are concerned that it will evolve into more malicious spyware."

The malware initiates the recording of phone calls either when it receives the command to do it or when it detects outbound calls, and stores the recordings on the phone's SD card. Once a day, all the recorded information is sent to the remote server.

The researchers didn't say where they found the app or whether an attacker must have physical access to the victim's phone to install it, but it's safe to say that if you find a Gmail app in your device's app list and you haven't put it there, it's unlikely a good thing. -http://www.net-security.org/malware_news.php?id=2140-

Be careful if your smart phone is Android system
queen

Re: Android spying app masquerades as Gmail

Postby vita » 2012-06-08 4:26

Hopefully, I use iPhone.
Is iPhone also possible getting virus?
vita
Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Postby canova » 2012-06-08 4:32

:cry: Terrible.
I use android. Is there good anti-virus program for android system to kill the malware?
canova

Postby bricken » 2012-06-08 4:37

WOW, what a bad news.
I guess most of the android fans will be crazy if their personal data was stolen.
bricken

Return to General Chat

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Pandora My Sweet Cat Set - $131.00 : cheap pandora Jewelry, cheappandoracharmsonline.comlragelollie0
Do you use UAC?vita11242
Event Organizer in Bangalore | Event Management Company in Bangalorebatoota1230
Rabatt Jimmy Choo sko for kvinner selges i Jimmy Choo Sko Outlet På Salgreckleromarh0
Beats By Dre baratos en color | Beats by Dre baratos Reino Unido - Envío libre y rápido en línea !nfernandesher0