Qvo6 infection

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Qvo6 infection

Postby sumitsharma4 » 2013-11-19 9:29

I am facing a problem where if I pin my browsers to the taskbar they open the qvo6.com page and I cannot change the same no matter what I do. But the icons for chrome and internet explorer work fine on the desktop. Please suggest me a solution.
sumitsharma4

Re: Qvo6 infection

Postby Ivy » 2013-11-19 20:24

sumitsharma4 wrote:I am facing a problem where if I pin my browsers to the taskbar they open the qvo6.com page and I cannot change the same no matter what I do. But the icons for chrome and internet explorer work fine on the desktop. Please suggest me a solution.

Hi sumitsharma4,

Please repair the browser in your taskbar.

Please close your web browser, right click on the shortcut in the taskbar, in the drop-down menu, please select Properties.

In Shortcut tab, please remove "http://www.qvo6.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Chrome executable file. Nothing more.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby sumitsharma4 » 2013-11-20 8:00

Thank you, and it helped me fix the issue.
sumitsharma4

Postby Ivy » 2013-11-20 21:22

sumitsharma4 wrote:Thank you, and it helped me fix the issue.

That's Great. :D :D

The most obvious feature of qvo6 is to hijack the web browser desktop and startup shortcut that making the web browser to open the redirect page automatically
when you launch your web browser. And it is also easy for victims to repair the web browser by deleting the malicious page from the shortcut target page.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Rolex Replica Watches, the real luxury watchesnfernandesher0
Luxembourg Police Cybercriminalite Department locked my computer, should I pay the fine to unlock my computer? HELP NEEDED!victor9351
How to remove spyware-url.com Browser Hijacker?Adeliay4466
How can I remove ib.adnxs.comJohnB18377
Polisen Enheten for Databrott locked my computer, how to unlock my computer?neil5438