Had Malware, files seemingly removed but PC still slow

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Had Malware, files seemingly removed but PC still slow

Postby justinab01 » 2013-07-06 8:29

Hi there

Im convinced I have an issue with Malware or something similar but I cant track it.

To tell the whole story...my I have a Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop and about a week ago the fan packed up meaning that it kept over heating and crashing.

I ordered a new fan and heat sink and in the meantime read on a forum about a program called Speed Fan that would turn the fan on. I downloaded this...big mistake! A lot of other programs downloaded with it that I didnt request, a number of these inserted themselves into my browser. I initially uninstalled what files I could see through Control Panel.

My parts arrived, I installed them and now my fan issue is fixed. However, the laptop is running EXTREMELY slowly. I have spybot installed so run that and it found a number of items which it deleted - one of these was Zone Alarm. After the scan and removal Zone Alarm still showed in my browsers so I removed it.

Since then I have run the following -

* Microsoft Security Essentials Virus Scan.
* Eset Online Scanner
* Microsoft Online Malicious Software Removal Tool
* Checked there is space on the hard drives (11GB on C and 397 GB on D).
* RUn the defragmenter.

And still the laptop is slow. Im wondering if when replacing the fan I did something to slow the laptop down when replacing parts. Or, the only other thing is I havent been able to remove something nasty that I inadvertently downloaded.

Any advice appreciated
justinab01

Re: Had Malware, files seemingly removed but PC still slow

Postby Ivy » 2013-07-08 3:37

Hi and welcome to Anvisoft.

Nowadays, most free programs are used to distribute unwanted items, such as Zone Alarm toolbar and more. It's such annoying.

This toolbar are not malicious but they are going to slow down your browser performance.

To fix the problem, do you have zone alarm toolbar uninstalled from your computer and web browser?

If you still have it on your web browser, you should remove it immediately. You can download Anvi Slim toolbar to fix redirects in your web browser. It works on Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Anvi Slim Toolbar download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/slim-toolbar.html

After you download and install the program, please start it, click on "Manage" button to scan and search all toolbar and add-ons installed on your browser.
Please search and find all items related to zone alarm, select and remove them all.

Then please go back to the main screen of Anvi Slim Toolbar, click on "Browser Repair", select the browser you have the zone alarm problem, and then click on "Repair" button to fix your browser problem quickly.

Note: You can use Anvi Slim Toolbar trial version to fix the problem. Before you go to Remove and repair your web browser problem, you'd better close all tabs of your
open web browser.

By the way, I also highly recommend you use Cloud System Booster free version to speed up your slow PC by cleaning the junk files, invalid entries and more.
Cloud System Booster download: http://www.anvisoft.com/cloud-system-booster.html
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to remove Buzzdock Ads?beyoncefan4183
Odd Static?jtuck98762771
Windows XP freezes after loginJohnny3254
one question about content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.nethellen8346
r.looksmart.com problem help!!!kddhong2698