Help :( I can't get websearch.pu-results.info malware off my computer

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Help :( I can't get websearch.pu-results.info malware off my computer

Postby JDB » 2013-04-12 18:31

Hello All,

Websearch. pu-results.info is stuck on my computer and I want to know the safest means of removing it. I appreciate any help you can offer as the was quoted anywhere btw $124-200 to remove.
JDB

Re: Help :( I can't get websearch.pu-results.info malware off my computer

Postby JDB » 2013-04-12 22:56

OMG!!! It won't come off ARRRRGHHH! I keep trying different things and restaring my computer but its still there. :(
JDB

Postby Ivy » 2013-04-14 22:00

JDB wrote:OMG!!! It won't come off ARRRRGHHH! I keep trying different things and restaring my computer but its still there. :(

Hi and welcome to Anvisoft forum. We apologize for any delay reply.

Could you tell us more detail information of your problem?

What browser do you have the redirect virus?

Any symptom of websearch.pu-results.info?

Please let us know and we will try our best to help you.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby JDB » 2013-04-14 22:40

websearch is popping up in the search window of firefox and i have tried removing it several times. it seems to be gone from internet explorer and with goggle chrome my norton anti-virus keeps blocking a fake fb when i open it up. not sure if the websearch malware is causing this. :( please help!!!
JDB

Postby JDB » 2013-04-14 22:42

i aslo forgot to mention that my computer is running slower and for some strange reason my start page on firefox goes a to a gov't based page.
JDB

Postby Ivy » 2013-04-15 1:51

JDB wrote:i aslo forgot to mention that my computer is running slower and for some strange reason my start page on firefox goes a to a gov't based page.

Hello,

You may have malware installed on your Firefox that it can not work properly. Due to this circustance, please go to manually remove all malicious elment that added on your Firefox.

1. Please remove any suspcious extensions. To do that, please go to add-ons, Extension tab, search and remove any suspicious extensions.

2. Check your homepage/startup page. Please go to Tools--Options, in General tab, please make your homepage as blank page or your favored websites.

3. Check and remove any suspicious search engines. On the right top of Firefox, please select the drop down menu of magnifying glass search icon and select Manage Search Engines..., remove any suspicious search engines, such as websearch.pu ect. and then click on OK button to save your modification.

Finally, if all steps can not help you to fix your problem, I highly recommend you reset your browser settings as to troubleshoot the problem.

If any problem, please let me know.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby JDB » 2013-04-15 15:57

how does one reset their browser settings? i will attempt remove add-ons and go back to the home /start pg once more as i had done so before.
JDB

Postby Ivy » 2013-04-15 20:53

JDB wrote:how does one reset their browser settings? i will attempt remove add-ons and go back to the home /start pg once more as i had done so before.

Hello,
To reset the firefox settings, please open your web browser, go to Help and select Troubleshooting information.

troubleshooting information.jpg

Then, please click on Reset Firefox to restore your we browser to originial state.

reset browser settings in firefox.jpg

Please note that, by resetting Firefox, your cookies, cache, bookmarks and more data will be deleted from your browser. You are highly recommend to save your important data before your reset the browser settings.
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Swarovski Pendants outlet for engagement & weddinglragelollie0
search.certified-toolbar.com invasion, how to remove this website?dennyt6943
Wie löschen : PUP Funmoods in RegistryPlatinenwurm6286
Mysearchresults.com Removal GuideEthen13406
Windows Secure Web Patch Removal GuideAutumn3139