Snap.Do nightmare! It just wont uninstall..

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Re: Snap.Do nightmare! It just wont uninstall..

Postby service@spaservices.com.au » 2013-06-13 10:15

Ok...I figured out the missing step to uninstall snap(do not want it) from my computer. From reading a few forums I'm not the only one ; )

Frustration over!!!

Go to uninstall programmes. On my computer / windows 7, i clicked start bar (bottom left corner) / control panel / programmes and features.

Find the unwanted programme on the list and click uninstall (option usually up the top or try right clicking on the programme to uninstall)

You will get a yes or no question to make changes to your computer (for me the task bar flashed and i clicked on the icon for this). You want to click yes. Now what I missed was the advanced setting option. Click this and then it will give you the option to delete snap(don't want it). Bingo!!!!

Then all the forums show you how to remove snap.do from your browsers - chrome, fire fox and explorer. Good luck, I hope this helps. If this helps and you find a site which doesn't explaing properly cut and past this and pass on ; )
service@spaservices.com.au

Postby Chet » 2013-08-30 14:37

Where is this "advanced setting option" of which you speak?

In the control panel, I right click on 'snap.do' and select 'uninstall' (the only option). A pop up shows up "please wait while windows configures snap.do". The pop-up goes away. snap.do is still present. I enabled UAC and it doesn't pop up. We need more de-installation instructions...
Chet

Postby Ivy » 2013-09-01 21:24

Chet wrote:Where is this "advanced setting option" of which you speak?

In the control panel, I right click on 'snap.do' and select 'uninstall' (the only option). A pop up shows up "please wait while windows configures snap.do". The pop-up goes away. snap.do is still present. I enabled UAC and it doesn't pop up. We need more de-installation instructions...

Hi chet,

Thanks for posting your problem here. I am Ivy and I am glad to help you with your issue.

Is Snap.do still on your computer? Please follow tips below to uninstall snap.do.

Follow the instruction that corresponds to your operating system to uninstall snap.do virus.

• Windows XP:Go to Start> Control Panel> Add Remove programs> Look for snap.do > Click on Remove.

• Windows 7/Vista: Go to Start> Control panel> Uninstall a program/Programs and Features> Look for snap.do > click on Uninstall.

After you select uninstall you will be prompted to “close all internet browsers”, click Yes.

You will be promoted again to change your Home Page and default Search provider to the old setting (Your normal, safe settings), click Yes. If another prompt appears which states your settings could not be found, etc, that is okay. You will just not have a set up homepage, but may have to delete the additional search engine settings (described below).

After you uninstall snap.do from your computer, you should continue to repair your browser settings, for detail information, please check

http://blog.anvisoft.com/adware-removal-guide/how-to-remove-search-snap-do-virus-from-ieffchrome-snap-do-toolbar-removal-guide/

Should you have any problem, please leave a reply below.

Best regards,
Ivy
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby alfie@ajh-knives.com » 2014-04-22 10:16

Ivy wrote:
lejla3 wrote:mark.kidd1@gmail.com

I had the same problem when I had snap.do, but what I didn't realise was that when I was clicking to uninstall it, my User Account Control would pop up asking me if I wanted the program to make changes to my computer. I clicked no a few times until I decided to click yes and when I did Snap.do uninstalled and now I don't have it on my computer!
If this happens to you when you try to uninstall it, click yes.
I hope this helps! ;)

Yes, if you get your UAC (user account control) turned on, you should click "Yes" to agree the uninstallation of the adware.

Hi Ivy,
tried everything from this forum, but the snap.do is still in my IE - got this by downloading Java "safe" update (from Oracle website)
User account control/toolbars tip does npt work because the snap.do is grayed out so can not be done anything with.
It is nowhere to be found as installed, and looking through the regedit,exe neither the ReSoft or Snap.do can be discovered under Software.
What registry key(s) in what category must be removed manually to get rid of this hijacker permanently?
Thanks for your help
Tony
alfie@ajh-knives.com

Postby Ivy » 2014-04-24 0:45

Hi,

You should change the Local Group Policy in order to delete the extension that greyed out in the Internet Explorer.

To do that, please type Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter. NOTE: This file is located at C:\Windows\System32\gpedit.msc. Then, you will see the Local Group Policy editor.

In the left pane, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Internet Explorer. (see screenshot below)
(If you are using Windows XP, please double click on toe expand the mentioned items).

GPEDIT-1.jpg

In the right pane of Internet Explorer, double click/tap on Do not allow users to enable or disable add-ons to edit it.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Previous

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Which is the best window for gaming?jenyclark581359
Getting rid of Adware? Please Helpharris091294
Help to use the MedicoAV Antivirusaja7155@gmail.com1145
Malware and nothing workstbeattie1652
Koda has locked my computer desktop and kept me from doing anything on my computer. How to solve this problem?sammy1713