redirct virus--search3o.com, how to remove it from my browser?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

redirct virus--search3o.com, how to remove it from my browser?

Postby selena » 2012-12-03 2:28

Hi,

My name is Selena. Nice to be here.

It seems that my web browser get infected with a redirect virus named search3o.com. My default homepage--www.yahoo.com has been changed. Most or even all my opened webpages are redirected to this website--search3o.com. Do you guys have any idea on how to remove this redirect virus? Thank you for any advice.

Best Regards,

Selena
selena

Re: redirct virus--search3o.com, how to remove it from my browser?

Postby Autumn » 2012-12-03 2:40

Hello Selena,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for posting your question here. I'm Autumn and here to help you with your problem. Hope my answer would be useful to you.

search3o.com is a redirect virus as you said. It can change your homepage and frequently redirect opened web page to search3o.com or other unknown websites via modifying browser Internet Setting without any permission or consent. Visiting malicious websites, receiving spam emails or downloading fake nasty applications will all lead to this infection.

To remove this redirect virus, you need to:

1> Download and install Anvi Smart Defender to full scan your computer system.

Anvi Smart Defender direct download link: www.anvisoft.com/software/asd

2> Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries.

Hosts file locates on C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Then there will come out hosts files and hosts backup files. Open both of them in the form of notepad and then make sure the hosts file is in accordance with the hosts backup file.

Should there is no backup host files in your computer, please open Host Files with Notepad. The default host files should be only one line:127.0.0.1 localhost in Windows XP and 127.0.0.1 localhost ::1 in Windows Vista, if there're more lines, please delete all of them and save the change.

3> Clear browser cookie and cache.

4> Reset homepage.

5> Remove search3o.com add-on from your web browsers.

6> Repair Search Engine.

Detailed removal instruction please refer to this article: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-53-2474-0.html

For any other question, please feel free to leave a reply. We'll answer your question as soon as possible. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft.

Best Regards,

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Help with removing lingering trojansdave.chin187@gmail.com6967
adnxs.com malware, I can't remove it, please help me!!Ronnna7716
How do I disable Plus Network search from my Google Chrome? Help needed...ooohmg16672
GD Designs Reviewssenjuhasirama0
Web browser hacked by u-Search.net, how to remove it?lovejustin10857