How can I remove ib.adnxs.com

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How can I remove ib.adnxs.com

Postby JohnB » 2012-10-20 21:57

I must be doing something wrong..... :(
1. I have downloaded and installed adblocker..
2. I have downloaded and installed smart defender...
3. Checked the task manager for ib.adnxs and cannot find any entries
4. Checked the Add/Remove programs.... nothing there.
5. I cleared the cookies and the cache...
6. I tried to follow all instructions and posts from this forum and to no avail, the bugger is still there (Adblocker keeps blocking it.)

My last options is to try again from scratch.... but I tried so many options that I am confused and don't know where to go from here.. HELP.
My browser if Firefox
Hope someone can help.
JohnB
JohnB

Re: How can I remove ib.adnxs.com

Postby Autumn » 2012-10-21 20:42

Hello JohnB,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for posting here. I'm Autumn and here to help you with your problem.

Have you followed the instruction of this article step-by-step? http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1048-0.html

You need to:

1) Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries.

Hosts file locates on C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts. Then there will come out hosts files and hosts backup files. Open both of them in the form of notepad and then make sure the hosts file is in accordance with the hosts backup file.

2) Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings.

To do this, you need to go to Control Panel->Network Connections->Local Area Connection->Right-click Local Area Network icon and select Properties->Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and Click Properties once again.

Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.

3) Clear browser cookie and cache (you said you have done it)

4) Reset homepage. (If your homepage has been changed)

Open Mozilla Firefox->[b]Tools
->Options->General->Startup

You have two options. One is to select when Firefox Starts Show a blank page and then click Ok to save the change. The other is to set a certain website (Just type a website into the address box) as the homepage. Then click OK to save the change.

5) Disable Ib.adnxs.com add-on or all all unverified extensions from your Firefox.

To do this, you need to open your Mozilla Firefox->Tools->Add-ons->Extensions->Disable Ib.adnxs.com related extensions or disable all unverified extensions.

Please click here http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1048-0.html to see the detailed instruction, for any other question or problem, please feel free to let me know.

Hope you good luck.

Best Regards,

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby Ivy » 2012-10-21 20:47

Hello John,
Thanks for posting your problem here. I am Ivy and I am trying to help you with your problem.
The program may not work on your computer successfully to remove the ib.adnxs.com virus. Please check if you have updated to latest database of Anvi Smart Defender.
It should be 1.04.0053 currently. If you are unable to download and install the latest database, please exit and restart the program until you get the latest database.

By the way, I would like you try ESET online scanner (Direct download link) to remove ib.adnxs.com virus.

If you are still experiencing the same problem, please let me know. I will try my best to help you.
Anvisoft--A leading Internet security solutions provider
Ivy
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby JohnB » 2012-10-22 3:21

Autumn,
Thank you for your reply and very good instructions Autumn.
Instruction #1: All I have is a hosts file with only one line in it ( 127.0.0.1 localhost ) No backup file
Instruction #2: As you show. Is ok
Instruction #3: As you know, done that.
Instruction #4: Homepage is not changed and it is set as 'blank page' ... always been.

Also, there is no if.adnxs.com in my add-ons.

HOWEVER, :) My adblocker hasn't block any at all for a while now.... Use to have some blockage every couple of minutes.. ???? Maybe it is ok.. Will let you know.
Again, Thanks for your reply.
John
JohnB

Postby Autumn » 2012-10-22 3:30

Dear JohnB,

You're welcome. It's my pleasure to help you. Thank you for your information and feedback. Please let me know if your browser is OK. For any other problem, I'll be more thank happy to help you. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft. :D

-----------------

Best Regards,

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby JohnB » 2012-10-22 3:33

Autumn,
I talked to soon............ AdBlocker has detected 20 more in the past 10 minutes.
:(
John
JohnB

Postby Autumn » 2012-10-22 3:51

JohnB,

Do you mean that AdBlocker has detected 20 malicious websites other than ib.adnxs.com? Have you run Anvi Smart Defender to full scan your computer? Please make sure the Anvi Smart Defender you downloaded is the latest version, please follow the direct download link: http://www.anvisoft.com/software/asd

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby JohnB » 2012-10-22 23:39

No Autumn... They where all ib.adnxs.com.
I will get back to you in a day or two.
Bye for now.
JohnB

Postby Autumn » 2012-10-23 0:44

JohnB,

Sorry to hear that. :cry: You have tried the removal guide and run ASD to scan your computer. There should be some problem that has not been detected yet! I recommend you to try Ivy's alternative solution:
By the way, I would like you try ESET online scanner (Direct download link) to remove ib.adnxs.com virus.

Waiting for your feedback.

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby JohnB » 2012-10-23 3:13

Autumn, I did run ESET. Also ran ASD complete scan.... and there is no more indication of ib.adnxs.com .
But now, I have a problem with AdBlocker. It doesn't seem to block anything anymore. It allows everything.
Earlier, I could not start it at all with the short cut on the desktop so I deleted it and reinstalled it. It now works but as I mentioned, It allows everything. I have entries in the blacklist.. Some are firefox.exe, www.firefox.exe, ib.adnxs.exe, svchost.exe, thunderbird.exe.... (They are entered as typed here), Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a manual available for AdBlocker?
JohnB
PS: Are you tired of me yet. :)
JohnB

Next

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
trying to uninstall Yontoo in Control PanelElaineRuth2142
Live Security Platinum virus on my PC, please helpbricken1667
computer locked by Gaeilgeale virus, how to remove it?swift2614
data recovery removalqueen1458
How to Remove Browser Seek Hijacker? Any ideas....Amanda1179