seekportals.com frequently hacked my google chrome, how to remove this browser redirect virus?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

seekportals.com frequently hacked my google chrome, how to remove this browser redirect virus?

Postby juliea » 2012-09-24 8:12

A very annoying website--seekportals.com ofen comes out to take over my opened webpages as well as my default homepage. It also pops up many ads box when I'm surfing online. which does not happen to me before. I don't know if the website is safe, but I really need to get rid of it. How to do it?
juliea

Re: seekportals.com frequently hacked my google chrome, how to remove this browser redirect virus?

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-24 9:05

Hello Juliea,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for posting here. I'm Autumn and I'm here to help you solve your issue. Hope my answer would be helpful to you.

seekportals.com is a malicious browser hijacker virus, also known as browser redirect virus, that can redirect search queries (search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing) to its domain--seekportals.com by modifying DNS settings as well as browser internet setting.

To remove it, you may need a professional removal guide.

Step 1> Check the LAN settings of your browser.

Step 2> Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries.

Step 3> Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings.

Step 4> Reset homepage.

Step 5> Remove seekportals.com add-on from your web browsers.

In regard to the details of the removal instruction, please refer to this article http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-53-1396-0.html

Precaution is the best protection. If you want to be safe online in future, you need to do something. Anvi Ad Blocker by Anvisoft was initially designed to assist users with online security. Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0 to better help users block malicious websites, phishing pop-ups and useless banners as well as to filter unwanted websites. With new-added auto-updating newest malicious URLs database , custom White Lists and Black Lists and real-time monitoring of online activities, Anvi Ad Blocker v2.0 can give your web browser a professional protection. Now, get the free version http://www.anvisoft.com/software/adb/
or buy the pro version http://www.anvisoft.com/product/anviadblockerpro.html to get rid of these annoying browser redirect viruses.

For any other question, please feel free to let us know. We'll be more than happy to help you. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft.

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Google chrome hacked by Heias.js from ads.heias.com pop-up, how to remove this virus?cracker6234
data recovery removalqueen3283
Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerceocwilsonminhm0
Is this a virus?George0074207
Remove Windows Expert SeriesEthen1770