How to remove websearch.com (websearch Search Engine) from my firefox browser?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to remove websearch.com (websearch Search Engine) from my firefox browser?

Postby bert » 2012-09-21 4:23

I use Mozilla Firefox and my default homepage is yahoo.com. Yesterday, I downloaded a free game online. Then a disaster came to me. My homepage had been taken over by a website named websearch.com. It seems that this website contains its own search engine because my yahoo search disappeared. I tried many ways to solve this problem, but none of them work. I will be crazy if this annoying still pops up to take over my browser. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks in advance.
bert

Re: How to remove websearch.com (websearch Search Engine) from my firefox browser?

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-21 4:28

Hi Bert,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for posting here. I'm Autumn and I'm here to help you solve your problem. Hope my answer would be useful to you.

websearch.com is a malicious browser redirect virus (A fake search engine) that can frequently change your default homepage to websearch.com or mislead you to other unknown websites that may contains many fatal viruses. You should remove it from your computer as soon as possible. To remove it, you may need a professional removal instruction.

Step 1> Download and install Anvi Smart Defender (Highly Recommended) to fully scan your computer and remove all malicious files.

Step 2> Reset homepage.

Step 3> Check the LAN settings of your browser.

Step 4> Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries.

Step 5> Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings

Step 6> Check IE add-ons.

Please click here http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-53-1375-0.html to see detailed removal instruction.

If you need any other assistance, please feel free to let us know. We'll be more than happy to help you. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft.

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
one question about content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.nethellen4374
Remove Windows Daily Adviserhenrichk1628
Malware cornerRats1900
How to remove ask search toolbarGregorybrooks1350
How to remove $Recycle.Bin virus?fox7632