how to remove Whitesmoke toolbar virus from chrome

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

how to remove Whitesmoke toolbar virus from chrome

Postby agnes » 2012-09-14 4:40

How do I get rid of whitesmoke toolbar virus from chrome? It freezes the chrome and seems the chrome is entirely taken over now. Is this dangerous, a sign of infections? The Whitesmoke issue just occur today after I tried to download and install an windows update. I'm here for help. :cry:
agnes

Re: how to remove Whitesmoke toolbar virus from chrome

Postby Sophia » 2012-09-14 4:56

Hello, agnes

I'm Sophia and I'm here to help .

Don't worry on that infections related to the Whitesomke toolbar , and in fact Whitesmoke by Conduit LTD. is an annoying toolbar bundled with some freeware online. It comes to alter the search engine and startup page, add its extensions/add-on, as well as may quietly record your browsing data like cookies, cache. So please follow below steps to unintall this unwanted toolbar from google chrome.

1. ensure the computer is virus free with Anvi Smart Defender scan (or you can also do this with any other antimalware/antivirus you trust)

2. reset the startup page to google.com and remove the search.conduit.com. Go wrench icon->Settings->on startup page->set pages and then reset the startup page.

3. Eliminate the conduit search engine, go wrench icon->Settings->Manage Search Engines and then reset the default search engine and remove the conduit search engine.

4. Delete Whitesmoke extension from chrome by navigating to wrench icon->Tools-> Extensions and then find the Whitesmoke extension and remove it.

5. Necessarily clear browsing data including browsing history, downloading history, cache and cookies.

6 Shut down the browser and then reopen it to check if it is all right now.

See more details of the removal process and more about the Whtiesmoke toolbar, refer to this article: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1282-0.html

Good luck. Any further question, let us know.
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: how to remove Whitesmoke toolbar virus from chrome

Postby cv1dtm@gmail.com » 2014-02-07 11:59

I tried EVERYTHING and then I ran "Adware Removal Tool V3.7" and POOF! all traces of Conduit vanished. Just amazing. No muss and extra fuss. TRY IT!
cv1dtm@gmail.com

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to get rid of malware? Please help meJeaanne4912
www.tumri.net/als/als invade my browsers (Google and forefox), how to remove it?jacob2991
How to remove a very annoying website--merchantcircle.com?oscar3597
How to remove $Recycle.Bin virus?fox8111
Help :( I can't get websearch.pu-results.info malware off my computerJDB3699