Yahoo.Genieo.com becomes my default homepage, what should I do to fix this?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Yahoo.Genieo.com becomes my default homepage, what should I do to fix this?

Postby woof » 2012-09-13 4:35

Hi there,

A website named Yahoo.Genieo.com becomes my default homepage instead of goole.com. Besides, I receive numerous pop ups and ads through this website. Therefore, I want to know how to remove it from my google chrome or my computer. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Woof
woof

Re: Yahoo.Genieo.com becomes my default homepage, what should I do to fix this?

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-13 4:44

Hello Woof,

Welcome to Anvisoft Forums. Thank you for posting here.

Yahoo.Genieo.com, called search.genieo.com, is a browser hijacker virus that can redirect your search queries to its domain by modifying DNS settings as well as browser internet setting. Yahoo.Genieo.com is able to affect all kinds of browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Yahoo.Genieo.com also contains rootkit and Trojans which can automatically record your online behaviors in order to steal personal information and confidential data such as bank account information, credit card information, social security number.

It's very dangerous to get infected with Yahoo.Genieo.com, you should remove it from your computer as soon as possible. Anvisoft Team provides you with the most professional removal instruction to help you get out of this problem. Please refer to this article: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1165-4360.html

For any other question, please feel free to notify us. Hope you good luck!

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: Yahoo.Genieo.com becomes my default homepage, what should I do to fix this?

Postby woof » 2012-09-16 20:34

Thanks very much for your answer. :D The removal guide is really helpful.
woof

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
How to remove Youtube Plus Extension from my google chrome?fenendy5539
Firefox hijacked by search.chatzum.com? How can I get rid of this chatzum search? Is it a malware or virus?paulina3755
search.autocompletepro.com hijacks my google chrome, how to solve this?chilling5405
World Famous Replica Watches in Swiss made , kaufen Replik- Uhren online, klassisch Rolex Replik-Uhren Zum Verkaufocwilsonminhm0
My pc is infected!!Amil11674