Firefox hacked by dts.search-results.com, how to remove it?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

Firefox hacked by dts.search-results.com, how to remove it?

Postby pack » 2012-09-11 20:23

Hi there,

I was driven crazy by a website named dts.search-results.com. I use Mozilla Firefox as my web Browser. Yesterday I found that no matter what I type into goole search engine, I would be redirect to this website. It happened many time. And I have lose my nerve. What should I do to fix this? Thank you for any suggestion.
pack

Re: Firefox hacked by dts.search-results.com, how to remove it?

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-11 20:28

Hello Pack,

Welcome to Anvisoft.

dts.search-results.com is a browser hijacker virus that can redirect your search result to its domain or other unknown websites. To remove it, you need to:

Step 1> Download and install Anvi Smart Defender (Highly Recommended) to fully scan your computer and remove all malicious material.

Step 2> Reset homepage.

Step 3> Check the LAN settings of your browser.

Step 4> Check your hosts file and remove any malicious entries.

Step 5> Check DNS (Domain Name Server) settings

Step 6> Check Browser add-ons.

For more details about the removal instruction, please refer to this article http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1230-0.html.

For any other question or assistance, please feel free to let us know. Thank you for supporting Anvisoft.

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Windows Antivirus 2012 Removal GuideAutumn2429
How to detect and remove Pop up Virus from my laptop?jenyclark586702
I cannot remove answers.nixxie.com virus from my computer, please help me?!brayden5678
DNS Changer related Internet Doomsday-solutions?Sophia2576
Hublot Masterpiece Seriesreslerbuff0