redirected to search.fantastigames.com/453? How to remove..

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

redirected to search.fantastigames.com/453? How to remove..

Postby carey » 2012-09-10 20:41

Hey, guys

My Firefox has been redirected to search.fantastigames.com/453. Malwarebytes and manual removal both failed. Can anyone here to do me a favor to get rid of this redirect virus. By the way, I've seen there is a post related: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1180-0.html, does this search.fantastigames.com/455 removal guide also applies to search.fantastigames.com/453 redirect removal??
carey

Re: redirected to search.fantastigames.com/453? How to remove..

Postby Sophia » 2012-09-10 21:02

Hello, carey. Welcome you here. Have you tried using Anvi Smart Defender to remove the related trojans already? Actually redirect virus like search.fantastigames.com is very stubborn and may be related to rootkits that is very hard to remove. The removal guide here: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1180-0.html may also apply to the search.fantastigames.com/453 removal. By the way, apart from using Anvi Smart Defender and TDSSkiller to scan out potential trojans, you may also try to manually remove the components of search.fantastigames.com virus, which can be search engine, add-ons, homepage. In Firefox, you may go follow the below steps to repair the firefox settings to make it right.

Open Mozilla Firefox.

Click tools->add-ons to remove the related add on,

Click on the managifying glass search icon as shown below to select manage search engines and then choose the softonic related search engine and remove it.

Then go to Tools->Options-> General tab, reset the startup homepage or just change it to whichever you like.

Shut down the Firefox and then reopen it to check it out.

Good luck to you and if any further question, please let us know. :geek:
Imagination is more important than Knowledge!
Sophia
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
New Threat Found- Windows Security RenewalOcean3964
Remove Windows Virus Hunterhenrichk1921
Search engines (Google, Yahoo) hacked by Search.myway.com!! Need help!maggiechang3193
I want to remove this annoying website-- ihavenet.comemma3281
Discount Mont Blanc Chaveiro Venda Online Storetianhoschosebas0