How to completely remove Websearch.ask.com from my google chrome browser?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to completely remove Websearch.ask.com from my google chrome browser?

Postby juliea » 2012-09-10 3:55

Hi all,

My name is juliea. I remember I did not visit a website named Websearch.ask.com nor set it as my homepage or something else. But the weird thing is that I kept being redirect to this website through those search result of google, bing and yahoo. I also use Internet Explorer as my web browser. Unfortunately, my IE also get infected with this VIRUS (I don't know if I could call it as a virus). I want to remove it and extremely need some useful suggestion. Thank you all in advice.
juliea

Re: How to completely remove Websearch.ask.com from my google chrome browser?

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-10 4:01

Hello juliea,

My name is Autumn.

Thank you for visiting Anvisoft, and thank you for your post. I'd be more than happy to help you solve your issue.

Websearch.ask.com is a browser hijacker virus that can redirect your search result to its domain Websearch.ask.com via changing your DNS setting as well as Internet setting. Websearch.ask.com may come with rootkit and Trojans which can automatically record your online behaviors in order to steal personal information and confidential data such as bank account information, credit card information, social security number.

Please follow the instruction in this article http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1206-0.html to solve your problem. If you need other assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Autumn
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Re: How to completely remove Websearch.ask.com from my google chrome browser?

Postby vita » 2012-09-10 4:03

Very clear guide. Hope it helps you to fix your browser problem. :)
vita
Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Is Win 8 Seurity System Alert Fake or not? Need to pay money?mandy850
Virus, malware or anything else?harris092346
computer asks me to choose a default program for everythingSerene2186
Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdefparslev1133
Help needed to remove funmoods????? I am in urgent!!!Clairela6918