How to remove search.genieo.com from my google chrome browser?

This forum is committed to providing assistance to remove spyware, adware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware.

How to remove search.genieo.com from my google chrome browser?

Postby tandy » 2012-09-06 4:22

Hi all,

I know this website search.genieo.com is a malicious website because all my search results redirect to this website, so I want to remove it from my Google Chrome browser. But I don't know how to do it. If anyone could be kind enough to tell me how to do it, I would really appreciate your kind heart. Thank you in advance.
tandy

Re: How to remove search.genieo.com from my google chrome browser?

Postby Autumn » 2012-09-06 4:26

Hi Tandy,

Thank you for visiting Anvisoft Forums, and thank you for your post.

search.genieo.com is categorized as browser hijacker virus which can redirect your search queries (search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing) to its domain--search.genieo.com by modifying DNS settings as well as browser internet setting. search.genieo.com is able to affect all kinds of browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

If you want to find out the removal method, please refer to this article http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-1165-0.html.

For any other problems, please feel free to let us know. Thank you for your support to Anvisoft.

Autumn.
Autumn
Anvisoft Staff

Anvisoft Staff

Postby tandy » 2012-09-06 4:53

Hi Autumn,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to fix it using the removal guide you provide. Hope me good luck.
tandy

Postby tandy » 2012-09-06 20:54

tandy wrote:Hi Autumn,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to fix it using the removal guide you provide. Hope me good luck.

Hi Autumn,

I came here to thank you. The article you introduced helped me fix my issue. My browser back to normal again. Thank you.
tandy

Return to Malware Removal Assistance

Random Threads
ThreadThread StarterViews
Browser hijacker problem--runclips.comkatherine858
Trojan.Simda.gen!A? detected, how to remove it?stew2661
how to remove Tube DimmerBob Burkhard1642
Windows Instant Scanner removal toolbricken1597
1 way to avoid fake securitydolphin20122557